Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – A Merit cum Means Based Scheme
This scheme is introduced to assist the merit students, who are from economically backward classes in the state of west Bengal. This scheme helps the students to continue their higher education without any financial problems.
Beneficiaries of the scheme:
Students who are pursuing higher education(Class XI, Class XII, Degree or PG in Science or Arts Or commerce, and Other professional courses like Engineering Medical and Technical courses and )are benefitted under the scheme.
- Students who are passed in the year 2020 and also students who did not get admission due to unavoidable reason even they are passed in 2019.
- At least 75 % in the last qualifying examination for scholarships under undergraduate level courses and 53% for post graduate level in General Education and 55% for post graduate level in professional courses like engineering, medical or other technical courses.
- Students who are studying M.Phil. courses and Doctoral courses are also comes under this scheme.
- Students who are receiving Kanyashree and pursuing post graduate are also eligible under this scheme even they have at least 45% in the degree.
- Family income less then Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- Candidates who are opting for this scholarship are not eligible for any other Scholarship schemes provided by State or Central Government.
Amount of Scholarship provided for different courses are provided below:
- Diploma Courses-Rs.1500/- per month.
- UG(Arts) -Rs.1000/- per month.
- UG(Commerce) -Rs.1000/- per month.
- UG(Science) -Rs.1500/- per month.
- UG(Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved) -Rs.1500/- per month.
- UG(ENGG, AICTE Approved) -Rs.5000/- per month.
- UG(Medical)- Rs.5000/- per month.
- PG(Arts)-Rs.2000/- per month.
- PG(Commerce)-Rs.2000/- per month.
- PG(Science)-Rs.2500/- per month.
- PG(Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved) -Rs.2500/- per month.
- PG(ENGG, AICTE Approved) -Rs.5000/- per month.
- M.Phil./P.H.D- Rs.5000/- and Rs.8000/- respectively.
- Fresh Application 2020: start date:07-10-2020 and Last date:15-02-2021
- Fresh Kanyashree 2020:start date:07-10-2020 and Last date:15-02-2021
How to Apply:
Step 1: Students seeking for Scholarship should fill the online application form. After successful submission of the registration form an OTP is sent to the user mobile number and mail id for completing of the registration process and an Applicant ID(15 characters) will be generated and send to the registered mobile number. This application id is used to login and further process.
For 2019 passed Students: they have to fill the valid reason for not getting admission in the previous year.
For Kanyashree applicants they have to fill the authentication form to verify their existence which requires the details like, year of application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of authentication they will be enabled to fill fresh registration form and remaining process is same for as fresh application.
Login with the Application Id and fill the remaining application form and upload the documents required to fill the form.
documents size and format should be followed as mentioned in the form. photo size should be 20-50KB and signature size would be 10-20KB.Both photo and signature should be in jpg format.
After filling the application form and submitting successfully a new page will be opened for uploading the supporting documents and all the documents should be uploaded in the pdf format only and size should not exceed 400KB.
Documents Required for uploading during application:
- Mark Sheet of Madhyamik examination or its equivalent.
- Mark Sheet of previous examination.
- Admission Slip.
- Income Certificate(Not required in case the candidate is applying under kanyashree).
- Address proof such as Aadhaar ID or Voter ID or Ration Card whichever issued by the concerned authorities.
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook(first page).
Documents to be uploaded for renewal:
- Copy of marksheet of previous examination in the present course(ex: if you are in the 2nd year or 3rd semester you are required to upload the 1st year marksheet or both 1st sem and 2nd sem marksheets in case the course has semester pattern).
- Admission slip for promotion into next class.
- income declaration should be in the format as mentioned in the official website.
After competing all the required fields once preview the application form in the view mode before submitting the application and make any corrections if required. Once the application is submitted then there will be no edit option available for thee candidate to make any correction, So, please cross check all the details before final submitting the application. If all the details are correct, then click on submit and proceed with completing the application process.
As mentioned above there will be no edit option available for the candidates after final submitting the application form. However, if it is necessary to edit the form the candidate can reach out through the help desk and can edit the application.
Selection Process of applied Candidates for Scholarship:
Candidates are arranged in the merit basis in the descending order and also based on income of the family as the scholarship is a merit cum means scholarship. If all the candidates who are selected in the merit list have submitted all the details correctly the scholarship will be sanctioned to them and distributed into their accounts every month.
If any one is not submitted the documents properly the scholarship application will be rejected and next person in the merit list will be given the scholarship.
1.Where can we apply swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
You can apply this scholarship in the official website svmcm.wbhed.gov.in, just By clicking on the Registration option provided in the website and just follow the application process mentioned above.
2.What is the eligibility criteria?
Any Student pursuing higher education and has a merit rank in the previous examination with family income less than 2.5 lakh per annum can avail this scholarship.
3.What is the last date to apply the Scholarship?
The last date to apply this Scholarship is 15-02-2021.You can refer the important dates in the page to get a clear idea of starting and ending dates.
4.Can I apply for the Scholarship along with any other Schemes?
No, if you apply for this scholarship you are not eligible for any other scholarships provided by state or central government.Apply Here